- adoration (14)You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might (Deu 6:5).
- advent-nativity (4)The exact date of Jesus' birth is not recorded, nor should a culturally-chosen pagan holiday on December 25th be celebrated; He was born sometime during the Fall Feast season while sheep were still on pasture.
- aspiration (6)Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen (Heb 11:1).
- assurance (2)And we desire each one of you ... to have the full assurance of hope until the end ... who through faith and patience inherit the promise (Heb 6:11-12)
- atonement (2)Help us, O God of our salvation,
for the glory of your name;
deliver us, and atone for our sins,
for your name's sake! (Ps 79:9)
- Bible–God’s word (6)These words are trustworthy and true (Rev 21:5).
He whom God has sent utters the words of God (Joh 3:34).
- Body of Christ (3)Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it (1Cor 12:27)
- breath of God (5)And when he [Jesus] had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the holy spirit" (Joh 20:22)
- children (7)Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven” (Mat 9:14).
Simple melodies and simple themes suited for children; adults can enjoy too.
- Christ’s ministry (1)And Jesus answered... "the blind receive their sight and the lame walk, lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up, and the poor have good news preached to them.” (Mat 11:4-5)
- Christ indwelling (6)In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit (Eph 2:22).
- Christ our sacrifice (1)Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed (I Cor 5:7).
- Christ the cornerstone (3)On the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone (Eph 2:20)
- Christ the King (10)The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he shall reign forever and ever (Rev 11:15)
- comfort (3)Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me (Ps 23:4).
- commandments (2)You shall diligently keep the commandments of the LORD your God, and his testimonies and his statutes, which he has commanded you (Deu 6:17).
[Jesus said:] Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. ...whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven (Mat 5:17-19).
- confession (1)If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (I John 1:9).
- courage (1)Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the LORD! (Ps 31:24)
- covenant (2)Therefore the people of Israel [the natural nation as well as its spiritual descendants] shall keep the Sabbath, observing the Sabbath throughout their generations, as a covenant forever. (Exo 31:16)
- Creator (2)In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1:1).
For by him [Christ] all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities — all things were created through him and for him. (Col 1:16)
- Day of the Lord (1)But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed (2Pet 3:10).
For the day of the LORD is near upon all the nations. As you have done, it shall be done to you; your deeds shall return on your own head (Oba 1:15).
- deliverance (9)Thus says the LORD: “Keep justice, and do righteousness, for soon my salvation will come, and my deliverance be revealed" (Isa 56:1).
- discipleship (2)
- endurance (11)[Jesus said:] You will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved (Mar 13:13).
Here is a call for the endurance of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus (Rev 14:12).
- faith (16)The righteous shall live by faith (Rom 1:17).
- fellowship (2)If we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin (1Joh 1:7)
- God’s grace (3)Being justified by his [Christ's] grace, we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life (Tit 3:7).
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God (Eph 2:8).
- God’s guidance (9)This is God, our God forever and ever. He will guide us forever (Ps 48:14).
He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out (Joh 10:3).
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path (Ps 119:105).
- God’s presence (6)God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble (Psa 46:1).
Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel — God with us. (Mat 1:23).
- God’s providence (5)Do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ ... your heavenly Father knows that you need them all (Mat 6:28-33).
God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus (Phi 4:19).
- God’s works in creation (8)The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork (Ps 19:1).
For what can be known about God is plain ... his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made (Rom 1:19-20)
- harvest of believers (1)[Jesus said:] "The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. The field is the world, and the good seed is the children of the kingdom. The harvest is the close of the age, and the reapers are angels" (Mat 13:25).
- heaven–Promised Land (10)Be careful to do [God's commandments], that it may go well with you ... as the LORD, the God of your fathers, has promised you, in a land flowing with milk and honey (Deu 6:3).
- holiness (13)Put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness (Eph 4:17-24)
- inheritance (2)Therefore [Christ] is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant (Heb 9:15).
- Jesus’s name (1)God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father (Phil 2:9-11).
Whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him (Col 3:17).
- last days (1)"And in the last days it shall be," God declares, "that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh" (Acts 2:17).
Understand this: in the last days there will come times of difficulty (II Tim 3:1).
- Messiah (1)The government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace (Isa 9:6).
[Andrew told his brother Simon] “We have found the Messiah” (which means Christ) (Joh 1:41).
- new covenant (1)Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord:
I will put my laws into their minds,
and write them on their hearts,
and I will be their God,
and they shall be my people.
And they shall not teach, each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.
In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away. (Heb 8:8-13)
- obedience (1)[God said:] "In your offspring all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because Abraham obeyed my voice and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws" (Gen 26:4-5).
- praise (23)I will bless the LORD at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth (Psa 34:1)
- prayer (1)Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God (Phil 4:6).
Confess your sins to one another and pray for one another... The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working (James 5:16).
- processional (17)These have a tempo that is good for walking.
"I would go with the throng and lead them in procession to the house of God with glad shouts and songs of praise, a multitude keeping festival" (Psa 42:4).
- Redeemer (10)For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16).
God sent his only Son into the world ... to be the propitiation for our sins (I John 4:9-10).
God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons (Gal 4:5).
Your Maker is your husband,
the LORD of hosts is his name;
and the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer,
the God of the whole earth he is called (Isa 54:5).
- refuge (4)Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge (Psa 16:1).
- remnant (3)And God sent me before you to preserve for you a remnant on earth, and to keep alive for you many survivors (Gen 45:7).
I will surely gather the remnant of Israel; I will set them together like sheep in a fold (Mic 2:12).
"Those who were not my people I will call ‘my people’ ... they will be called 'sons of the living God’"... “Though the number of the sons of Israel be as the sand of the sea, only a remnant of them will be saved" (Rom 9:25-27).
- renewal (1)Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me (Psa 51:10).
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect (Rom 12:2).
- repentance (4)[Jesus said]: The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel [the good news] (Mark 1:15).
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance (II Peter 3:9).
- resurrection (4)Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live" (John 11:25).
You seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He has risen; he is not here (Mar 16:5).
According to his great mercy, [God] has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable (I Pet 1:3).
- Sabbath (5)Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy (Exo 20:8).
Above all you shall keep my Sabbaths, for this is a sign between me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I, the LORD, sanctify you (Exo 31:13).
- salvation (4)The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? (Psa 27:1).
[The gospel] is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek (Rom 1:16).
- Savior (8)Unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord (Luke 2:11).
And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world (I John 4:14).
- second coming (4)The high priest asked him, “Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?” And Jesus said, “I am, and you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven" (Mar 14:62).
Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him (Rev 1:7).
They will give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead (I Peter 4:5).
The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son (John 5:22),
- second Passover (1)A rereading of prophecy explains the significance of the Second Passover.
- Shepherd (15)[Christ Jesus said:] I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep (Joh 10:11).
- spiritual Israel (9)You [Gentiles], although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others [native Israel] and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree (Rom 11:17).
I will make you [natural Israel] jealous of those who are not a nation [i.e. the Gentiles]. I have been found by those who did not seek me; I have shown myself to those who did not ask for me” (Rom 10:19-20).
- start of worship (3)Suitable for the start of a worship service.
- steadfastness (1)For the LORD is good;
his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations (Ps 100:5).
- strength (4)The LORD is my strength and my shield (Psa 28:7).
- triumphal entry (1)The crowds were shouting, “Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!” And when he entered Jerusalem, the whole city was stirred up, saying, “Who is this?” And the crowds said, “This is the prophet Jesus, from Nazareth of Galilee" (Mat 21:9-11).
- trust (1)Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding (Pro 3:5).
- worship (2)Worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness; tremble before him, all the earth! (Psa 96:9)
- youth (4)O God, from my youth you have taught me,
and I still proclaim your wondrous deeds (Psa 71:17).
- zeal (2)Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness (Rom 12:6-8).
Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.